What you'll need
It's a good idea to have everything prepared before you start your application so you're not trying to track down information at the last minute. Here's what you'll need:
- Transcripts. You want to ensure the information you enter is accurate.
- Test scores. If you're a freshman or sophomore applicant, you'll have to include your scores from the ACT Plus Writing or the SAT Reasoning Test. (If you're applying for fall, be sure to complete these tests by December.) All applicants should report scores for any SAT Subject Tests, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, TOEFL or IELTS exams they have taken.
- Annual income for 2011 and 2012 (your parents' if you're a dependent; yours if you're independent.) This is optional unless you're applying for a fee waiver or for the Educational Opportunity Program.
- Social Security number, if you have one. We use this to match your application to things like your test score report, final transcript and, if you're applying for financial aid, your Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Citizenship status. You must enter your country of citizenship (or "No Selection"). If your country of citizenship is outside the United States, you'll need to provide your immigration status and your visa type.
- Statewide Student ID (optional). Each K-12 student public schools is assigned an ID number. If it's not printed on your transcript, ask your counselor or registrar.
- Credit card. If you prefer to pay by check, you can Email your payment.
Applications for re-admission as a continuing student
- Student Self Service-Renewal Application Form(.doc)
- Student Self Service-Renewal Application Form(.pdf)
Applications for recognised student status
These forms are only for use by recognised students who will study at BIOP temporarily.
Applications for admission in October 2012-May 2013
- Recognised Student 2012/13 - Application Form (331 kb)
- Recognised Student 2012/13 - Application Form (649 kb)
Applications for graduate study
The BIOP requires online applications for the majority of programmes. Paper applications are only acceptable where there is no option to make an online application to the course or in other exceptional cases where it is not possible for you to apply online.
The benefits of the online application system include:
- Instant confirmation by email of the submission of your application
- Faster processing times for your application
- Referees are able to submit their references online
- Facility to upload supporting materials for your application electronically
- Application Inspector to help you check that you have completed all mandatory questions
Courses that do not accept online applications are listed in the Application Guide.