Business Institute of Pennsylvania, Financial Aid Office provides students with the financial resources and related services necessary to achieve their educational goals. We are committed to providing accurate, user-friendly, responsive, and respectful service to students and their families. We administer federal and Institute aid and scholarship programs in accordance with applicable policies and regulations while striving to be an innovative and service-minded department.
Employer Assisted Tuition Deferred Payment Plan
What is Tuition Deferment?
BIOP has established a deferred payment plan for students attending the Institute as part of an employer education assistance program. Students who are accepted into this plan may defer their tuition payment until the end of the second week of the NEXT term. Only tuition covered under the employer’s reimbursement plan may be deferred; tuition not covered must be paid on time. It is important to remember that the student is personally responsible for any financial obligations made to the Institute regardless of employment status or the length of time it will take their employer to process their reimbursement.
Steps to Obtaining Deferment
- Download the Tuition Deferment Application (PDF)
- Verify with your employer the amount of tuition that will be reimbursed and what steps you need to take in order to apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Once you are accepted, the following items need to be submitted to the Office of Student Financial Services along with your tuition deferment application, in advance of each term in which you plan to enroll:
- Proof of employment
- A copy of the employer's education assistance plan
- A check, money order, or credit card authorization to cover the $30.00 participation fee
- Complete and submit your application, then coordinate reimbursement with your employer.
Tuition balances not covered under an employer education assistance plan must be remitted by the original due date. Please note that not all students who apply for tuition deferment will be accepted into the program.